Syrian President grants general amnesty
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad granted a general amnesty, covering crimes committed before Oct 29, a media report said.
The new presidential pardon covers crimes mentioned in the military service law, including those of fleeing from the mandatory service, reported Xinhua, spelling no further details whether the pardon covers other crimes aside from the military ones.
Assad has earlier issued many pardons that covered many crimes in addition to the military ones.
The fresh move came as preparations for the Geneva II conference on Syria which seeks to find a political solution to the long-standing conflict in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan