`Syrian talks possible if opposition ends conflict
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that talks between the Syrian government and opposition forces were possible if the latter gives up armed conflicts, Press TV reported.
Khamenei underlined the prevention of arms flow into Syria as the only solution to the country`s crisis.
It is natural for any government to counter the opposition groups when they receive arms from outside the country, Xinhua quoted Khamenei as saying.
The Iranian leader said that if the Syrian opposition groups lay down their arms, it would be possible for them to demand the government to hear their views and allow them to express their positions.
Khamenei also warned of plots by western powers to break anti-Israel resistance by targeting Syria.
Earlier, a "National Syrian Dialogue Meeting" concluded in Tehran with the participants calling for ceasefire and giving up armed conflicts in the crisis-ridden country, the Mehr news agency reported.
Around 200 political representatives from Syrian ethnic groups, minorities and the opposition, along with representatives of the Syrian government and parliament, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city