`Syrian talks possible if opposition ends conflict
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that talks between the Syrian government and opposition forces were possible if the latter gives up armed conflicts, Press TV reported.
Khamenei underlined the prevention of arms flow into Syria as the only solution to the country`s crisis.
It is natural for any government to counter the opposition groups when they receive arms from outside the country, Xinhua quoted Khamenei as saying.
The Iranian leader said that if the Syrian opposition groups lay down their arms, it would be possible for them to demand the government to hear their views and allow them to express their positions.
Khamenei also warned of plots by western powers to break anti-Israel resistance by targeting Syria.
Earlier, a "National Syrian Dialogue Meeting" concluded in Tehran with the participants calling for ceasefire and giving up armed conflicts in the crisis-ridden country, the Mehr news agency reported.
Around 200 political representatives from Syrian ethnic groups, minorities and the opposition, along with representatives of the Syrian government and parliament, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30