`Syrian talks possible if opposition ends conflict
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that talks between the Syrian government and opposition forces were possible if the latter gives up armed conflicts, Press TV reported.
Khamenei underlined the prevention of arms flow into Syria as the only solution to the country`s crisis.
It is natural for any government to counter the opposition groups when they receive arms from outside the country, Xinhua quoted Khamenei as saying.
The Iranian leader said that if the Syrian opposition groups lay down their arms, it would be possible for them to demand the government to hear their views and allow them to express their positions.
Khamenei also warned of plots by western powers to break anti-Israel resistance by targeting Syria.
Earlier, a "National Syrian Dialogue Meeting" concluded in Tehran with the participants calling for ceasefire and giving up armed conflicts in the crisis-ridden country, the Mehr news agency reported.
Around 200 political representatives from Syrian ethnic groups, minorities and the opposition, along with representatives of the Syrian government and parliament, attended the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?