`Syrian talks possible if opposition ends conflict
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that talks between the Syrian government and opposition forces were possible if the latter gives up armed conflicts, Press TV reported.
Khamenei underlined the prevention of arms flow into Syria as the only solution to the country`s crisis.
It is natural for any government to counter the opposition groups when they receive arms from outside the country, Xinhua quoted Khamenei as saying.
The Iranian leader said that if the Syrian opposition groups lay down their arms, it would be possible for them to demand the government to hear their views and allow them to express their positions.
Khamenei also warned of plots by western powers to break anti-Israel resistance by targeting Syria.
Earlier, a "National Syrian Dialogue Meeting" concluded in Tehran with the participants calling for ceasefire and giving up armed conflicts in the crisis-ridden country, the Mehr news agency reported.
Around 200 political representatives from Syrian ethnic groups, minorities and the opposition, along with representatives of the Syrian government and parliament, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon