Syria`s insecurity to jeopardise entire region: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday that insecurity of Syria will jeopardise the whole region.
"If Syria becomes insecure, the security of other regional countries will be jeopardised, and this will threaten the entire region," reported Xinhua citing Ahmadinejad at a meeting with Essam el-Haddad, advisor to Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Ahmadinejad called for stepped-up efforts to resolve the ongoing unrest in Syria through understanding and dialogue.
Any new government born out of war and conflict in Syria would mean the continuation of insecurity for a long time to come, the Iranian president said.
El-Haddad, for his part, said Egypt calls for fundamental measures to end the ongoing bloodshed and conflict in Syria as soon as possible.
Countries, such as Iran and Egypt, shoulder the responsibility to settle the crisis in Syria and prevent foreign interference in the country, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000