Tainted water swells at Japan nuke plant
Tokyo: The operator of Japan`s crippled
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant is preparing to open a door
of a reactor building to allow workers to install a cooling
system and equipment to prevent an explosion.
Tokyo Electric Power Co. says radiation that will be
released by ventilating the Unit 2 reactor on Sunday will be too
small to threaten human health.
Meanwhile, more radioactive water is pooling at the
tsunami-hit nuclear plant as workers scramble to restart a key
cleanup system. It was shut down yesterday, hours after
beginning full operations, because a component reached its
radioactivity limit faster than expected.
Contaminated water could overflow within two weeks if
action is not taken. At one location, water is 14 centimeters
(5.6 inches) from spilling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH