Tainted water swells at Japan nuke plant
Tokyo: The operator of Japan`s crippled
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant is preparing to open a door
of a reactor building to allow workers to install a cooling
system and equipment to prevent an explosion.
Tokyo Electric Power Co. says radiation that will be
released by ventilating the Unit 2 reactor on Sunday will be too
small to threaten human health.
Meanwhile, more radioactive water is pooling at the
tsunami-hit nuclear plant as workers scramble to restart a key
cleanup system. It was shut down yesterday, hours after
beginning full operations, because a component reached its
radioactivity limit faster than expected.
Contaminated water could overflow within two weeks if
action is not taken. At one location, water is 14 centimeters
(5.6 inches) from spilling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred