Tajikistan earthquake leaves 20,000 homeless
Dushanbe: Officials in Tajikistan say 20,000 people have been left homeless by an earthquake that hit a mountainous region of the impoverished Central Asian nation.
The Emergency Situations and Civil Defence Committee says no deaths have been reported.
The earthquake measuring a magnitude of 5.1 occurred Saturday in the Pamir Mountains.
The emergency committee said Sunday that it damaged or destroyed houses in several villages in the Gorno-Badakhshansky region.
Earthquakes are fairly common in the mountains of the former Soviet republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best