Tajikistan earthquake leaves 20,000 homeless
Dushanbe: Officials in Tajikistan say 20,000 people have been left homeless by an earthquake that hit a mountainous region of the impoverished Central Asian nation.
The Emergency Situations and Civil Defence Committee says no deaths have been reported.
The earthquake measuring a magnitude of 5.1 occurred Saturday in the Pamir Mountains.
The emergency committee said Sunday that it damaged or destroyed houses in several villages in the Gorno-Badakhshansky region.
Earthquakes are fairly common in the mountains of the former Soviet republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!