Tajikistan earthquake leaves 20,000 homeless
Dushanbe: Officials in Tajikistan say 20,000 people have been left homeless by an earthquake that hit a mountainous region of the impoverished Central Asian nation.
The Emergency Situations and Civil Defence Committee says no deaths have been reported.
The earthquake measuring a magnitude of 5.1 occurred Saturday in the Pamir Mountains.
The emergency committee said Sunday that it damaged or destroyed houses in several villages in the Gorno-Badakhshansky region.
Earthquakes are fairly common in the mountains of the former Soviet republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical