Tamils form first cultural association in China
Beijing: Over 70 professionals from Tamil Nadu employed in Beijing and neighbouring areas today formed first Tamil association in China reflecting on growing numbers of Indians working there.
Beijing Tamil Sangamam was formed on the Tamil New Year`s day at a get-together here, Maria Michael, a broadcasting professional working in the Tamil service of state-run China Radio International (CRI), said.
This is the second association of Beijing-based Indians. The city already has a well established Beijing Malayalee Association which for over several years has become rallying point for south Indian cultural events there.
The new Tamil association would mainly focus on cultural events and get-togethers of the Tamils, Michael said.
A number of Beijing-based Tamil professionals from Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka and Malaysia took part in today`s meeting.
CRI, which broadcasts in several foreign languages, also has a Tamil service employing a number of Indian as well as Chinese professionals specialising in Tamil language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'