Tamils form first cultural association in China
Beijing: Over 70 professionals from Tamil Nadu employed in Beijing and neighbouring areas today formed first Tamil association in China reflecting on growing numbers of Indians working there.
Beijing Tamil Sangamam was formed on the Tamil New Year`s day at a get-together here, Maria Michael, a broadcasting professional working in the Tamil service of state-run China Radio International (CRI), said.
This is the second association of Beijing-based Indians. The city already has a well established Beijing Malayalee Association which for over several years has become rallying point for south Indian cultural events there.
The new Tamil association would mainly focus on cultural events and get-togethers of the Tamils, Michael said.
A number of Beijing-based Tamil professionals from Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka and Malaysia took part in today`s meeting.
CRI, which broadcasts in several foreign languages, also has a Tamil service employing a number of Indian as well as Chinese professionals specialising in Tamil language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days