Ten al Qaeda men held in Yemen
Sana’a: Ten suspected al Qaeda members have been arrested in Yemen for planning suicide attacks on oil facilities in the country, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
According to Yemen`s Defence Ministry, the security forces have arrested 10 militants in the last four days.
"Two members of the al Qaeda cell had been detained during the security raid on the militants` hideout last Monday while another eight suspected members of the cell were captured later during the past four days," the ministry said in a statement.
"The security services have monitored the movement of those elements and have arrested altogether 10 members of them until now as an all-out manhunt is underway to comb the area to arrest the rest," the statement cited unidentified security source as saying.
July 05, the Defence Ministry said, security forces captured two al Qaeda members in Mukalla and was tracking the rest of the group who managed to escape the security siege.
The ministry said the documents seized in the terrorist den revealed the group was plotting suicide bomb attacks on the security headquarters and economic and oil facilities in Hadramout province.
A Saudi wanted man Abdullah Faraj Mohammed Mahmoud Lujoubar was also among those arrested, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH