Three dead in US storms
Washington: Three people were killed in a storm that moved through Oklahoma state in the US Friday, media reports said Saturday.
Relatives of the dead said the three people are believed to have been in a mobile home that was destroyed in high winds, Xinhua reported citing local news website NewsOn6.com.
A fast-moving cold front swept into Oklahoma Friday, spawning severe thunderstorms, causing power outage, road closure and damages.
PSO, a unit of American Electric Power, reported that more than 11,000 of its customers lost power during the storms.
A number of roads were closed due to stong winds or overturned vehicles. Power lines went down and blown-off roofs were also reported. Several fires were reported around Tulsa area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow