Three dead in US storms
Washington: Three people were killed in a storm that moved through Oklahoma state in the US Friday, media reports said Saturday.
Relatives of the dead said the three people are believed to have been in a mobile home that was destroyed in high winds, Xinhua reported citing local news website NewsOn6.com.
A fast-moving cold front swept into Oklahoma Friday, spawning severe thunderstorms, causing power outage, road closure and damages.
PSO, a unit of American Electric Power, reported that more than 11,000 of its customers lost power during the storms.
A number of roads were closed due to stong winds or overturned vehicles. Power lines went down and blown-off roofs were also reported. Several fires were reported around Tulsa area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC