Three TTP militants arrested in Pakistan
Karachi: Three Tehreek-e-Taliban militants were arrested in the financial capital of Pakistan on Friday.
Crime Investigation Department (CID) police arrested the three militants from the Mangophir area of Karachi who were associated with TTP Sher Khan group, SSP CID Chaudhary Aslam said.
He said that the militants used to collect extortion money from traders in Karachi and send them to Waziristan to Qari Shakeel group of TTP.
Three hand-grenades, 2 kalashnikovs, one TT pistol and hundreds of bullets were recovered from their possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, in another incident the bomb disposal squad defused a 10-kilogram bomb found at Cheel Chowk in the troubled Lyari area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'