Truck ploughs into crowd in China, 19 dead: Official
Beijing: Nineteen people were killed when a truck ploughed into a crowd in a village in northern China`s Hebei province, local officials said Friday.
The accident happened late yesterday in the village of Zhaozhuangzi in Luanxian county, an official at the county public security office said.
"Nineteen people died -- it`s because the truck`s brakes failed," the official said, without giving further details.
The official Xinhua news agency said 13 others were hospitalised after the incident.
Police have detained the driver and owner of the truck, and an investigation has been opened, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India