Truck ploughs into crowd in China, 19 dead: Official
Beijing: Nineteen people were killed when a truck ploughed into a crowd in a village in northern China`s Hebei province, local officials said Friday.
The accident happened late yesterday in the village of Zhaozhuangzi in Luanxian county, an official at the county public security office said.
"Nineteen people died -- it`s because the truck`s brakes failed," the official said, without giving further details.
The official Xinhua news agency said 13 others were hospitalised after the incident.
Police have detained the driver and owner of the truck, and an investigation has been opened, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'