Truck ploughs into crowd in China, 19 dead: Official
Beijing: Nineteen people were killed when a truck ploughed into a crowd in a village in northern China`s Hebei province, local officials said Friday.
The accident happened late yesterday in the village of Zhaozhuangzi in Luanxian county, an official at the county public security office said.
"Nineteen people died -- it`s because the truck`s brakes failed," the official said, without giving further details.
The official Xinhua news agency said 13 others were hospitalised after the incident.
Police have detained the driver and owner of the truck, and an investigation has been opened, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah