Tunisia: Libyan US consulate attack suspect arrested
Tunis: The Tunisian government has confirmed it has arrested a 28-year-old Tunisian reportedly linked to the US consulate attack in Libya.
Tunisian Interior Ministry spokesman Tarrouch Khaled said Wednesday that Ali Harzi was in custody in Tunis. Khaled tells The Associated Press "his case is in the hands of justice." He did not elaborate.
In Washington, the State Department had no comment.
Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the US has been looking into the arrests of two Tunisian men being detained in Turkey reportedly in connection with attacks on a consulate in Libya last month.
Ambassador J Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack on the US diplomatic post in the Libyan capital of Benghazi on September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers