Turkish prime minister arrives in Iran for talks
Tehran: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has arrived in Tehran for talks with Iranian leaders on bilateral ties and regional issues including Syria.
Iranian state television says Erdogan will meet Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Hassan Rouhani during his two-day state visit that began today.
The two countries are expected to sign an agreement to set up a coordination council to handle trade issues in the wake of easing of sanctions on Iran after the historic November 24 nuclear deal with world powers. Bilateral trade last year stood at USD 13.5 billion.
Iran and Turkey have sharp different views on Syria. Ankara hosts Syrian rebels while Tehran backs Syrian President Bashar Assad`s government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?