Two dead, seven missing in China`s coal mine accident
Beijing: Rescuers have retrieved two bodies from a flooded coal mine in southwest China, and are still trying to reach seven other miners trapped at the site.
They have so far established contact with three of the miners, according to the county government.
Rescue equipment, including pumps, has been installed at the site in Guizhou Province and some relatives of the trapped miners have arrived.
"A large amount of flood water and coal gangue has hampered the rescue work," state-run Xinhua news agency quoted vice governor of Guizhou Province Wang Jiangping as saying.
Wang said preliminary investigation showed illegal coal exploitation in the area was to blame for the accident, and the personnel responsible will be investigated.
Nine miners were trapped underground and 32 others lifted out of the shaft safely after a flood struck the mine in Weng`an County yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday