Typhoon blue alert in China as ‘Talim’ nears coast
Beijing: China`s meteorological authorities issued a typhoon blue alert for China`s southern regions as the tropical storm Talim neared the coast.
Talim, the fifth tropical storm this year, is expected to move northeast at a speed of 25 km per hour and make landfall in Fujian Province later today, according to the National Meteorological Centre (NMC).
It will bring strong winds and torrential rains to the provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, Zhejiang and Hainan, as well as Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, the centre said.
The southeast regions of Zhejiang, northeast areas of Fujian and the western parts of Taiwan will receive downpours of 50 mm to 130 mm, it said.
The NMC has ordered local authorities to closely monitor the tropical storm and brace for possible consequences, such as geological disasters, while fishing vessels have been directed to take shelter in ports.
China`s National Commission for Disaster Reduction and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued a national early disaster warning on Monday afternoon to advise local governments in the areas likely to be affected to prepare for the approaching storm, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her