Typhoon blue alert in China as ‘Talim’ nears coast
Beijing: China`s meteorological authorities issued a typhoon blue alert for China`s southern regions as the tropical storm Talim neared the coast.
Talim, the fifth tropical storm this year, is expected to move northeast at a speed of 25 km per hour and make landfall in Fujian Province later today, according to the National Meteorological Centre (NMC).
It will bring strong winds and torrential rains to the provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, Zhejiang and Hainan, as well as Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, the centre said.
The southeast regions of Zhejiang, northeast areas of Fujian and the western parts of Taiwan will receive downpours of 50 mm to 130 mm, it said.
The NMC has ordered local authorities to closely monitor the tropical storm and brace for possible consequences, such as geological disasters, while fishing vessels have been directed to take shelter in ports.
China`s National Commission for Disaster Reduction and the Ministry of Civil Affairs issued a national early disaster warning on Monday afternoon to advise local governments in the areas likely to be affected to prepare for the approaching storm, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday