UAE embassy in Libya attacked by terrorists
Abu Dhabi: The UAE`s embassy in Libyan capital Tripoli was targeted Thursday in a terrorist attack, a minister said. No one was injured in the attack.
Faris Mohammed Al Mazrouie, assistant foreign minister for security and military affairs, said a rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building at 5 a.m.
The minister said none of the members of the UAE mission and the embassy`s employees was injured in the attack.
The embassy has asked the Libyan authorities to investigate the incident and identify the perpetrators of the attack.
Meanwhile in Cairo, Speaker of Arab Parliament Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Jarwan condemned the terrorist attack at the UAE embassy.
He termed the attack "a heinous act of terror", and called on the Libyan authorities to prosecute the attackers and to provide necessary protection to all diplomatic missions in Tripoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic