UK diplomat was Kim Jong-un roller coaster buddy
London: A mysterious man pictured riding a roller coaster with young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been identified as a British diplomat.
According to a report by Mother Jones magazine, the Foreign Office said that the unmasked man is Barnaby Jones, a junior diplomat at the British embassy in Pyongyang.
The photograph of Jones, who is reportedly the British Consul, first appeared last week on the state run media website.
It prompted an Internet campaign to reveal the identity of the grinning westerner in front of Kim, the Telegraph reports.
According to the North Korean media, the picture was taken at the official opening of the Rungra People`s Pleasure Ground on July 26.
North Korea`s Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that ‘Kim Jong Un and his wife, together with foreign missions, enjoyed the performance of dolphins at the event’.
“After seeing the performance, foreigners extended greetings of best wishes to Marshal Kim,” the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH