UK diplomat was Kim Jong-un roller coaster buddy
London: A mysterious man pictured riding a roller coaster with young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been identified as a British diplomat.
According to a report by Mother Jones magazine, the Foreign Office said that the unmasked man is Barnaby Jones, a junior diplomat at the British embassy in Pyongyang.
The photograph of Jones, who is reportedly the British Consul, first appeared last week on the state run media website.
It prompted an Internet campaign to reveal the identity of the grinning westerner in front of Kim, the Telegraph reports.
According to the North Korean media, the picture was taken at the official opening of the Rungra People`s Pleasure Ground on July 26.
North Korea`s Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that ‘Kim Jong Un and his wife, together with foreign missions, enjoyed the performance of dolphins at the event’.
“After seeing the performance, foreigners extended greetings of best wishes to Marshal Kim,” the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'