UK diplomat was Kim Jong-un roller coaster buddy
London: A mysterious man pictured riding a roller coaster with young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been identified as a British diplomat.
According to a report by Mother Jones magazine, the Foreign Office said that the unmasked man is Barnaby Jones, a junior diplomat at the British embassy in Pyongyang.
The photograph of Jones, who is reportedly the British Consul, first appeared last week on the state run media website.
It prompted an Internet campaign to reveal the identity of the grinning westerner in front of Kim, the Telegraph reports.
According to the North Korean media, the picture was taken at the official opening of the Rungra People`s Pleasure Ground on July 26.
North Korea`s Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that ‘Kim Jong Un and his wife, together with foreign missions, enjoyed the performance of dolphins at the event’.
“After seeing the performance, foreigners extended greetings of best wishes to Marshal Kim,” the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi