UK diplomat was Kim Jong-un roller coaster buddy
London: A mysterious man pictured riding a roller coaster with young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been identified as a British diplomat.
According to a report by Mother Jones magazine, the Foreign Office said that the unmasked man is Barnaby Jones, a junior diplomat at the British embassy in Pyongyang.
The photograph of Jones, who is reportedly the British Consul, first appeared last week on the state run media website.
It prompted an Internet campaign to reveal the identity of the grinning westerner in front of Kim, the Telegraph reports.
According to the North Korean media, the picture was taken at the official opening of the Rungra People`s Pleasure Ground on July 26.
North Korea`s Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that ‘Kim Jong Un and his wife, together with foreign missions, enjoyed the performance of dolphins at the event’.
“After seeing the performance, foreigners extended greetings of best wishes to Marshal Kim,” the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren