UK diplomat was Kim Jong-un roller coaster buddy
London: A mysterious man pictured riding a roller coaster with young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been identified as a British diplomat.
According to a report by Mother Jones magazine, the Foreign Office said that the unmasked man is Barnaby Jones, a junior diplomat at the British embassy in Pyongyang.
The photograph of Jones, who is reportedly the British Consul, first appeared last week on the state run media website.
It prompted an Internet campaign to reveal the identity of the grinning westerner in front of Kim, the Telegraph reports.
According to the North Korean media, the picture was taken at the official opening of the Rungra People`s Pleasure Ground on July 26.
North Korea`s Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that ‘Kim Jong Un and his wife, together with foreign missions, enjoyed the performance of dolphins at the event’.
“After seeing the performance, foreigners extended greetings of best wishes to Marshal Kim,” the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof