UK dog survives 300ft fall off cliff
London: A dog in UK miraculously survived a 300ft fall after tumbling off one of Britain`s highest cliffs while chasing seagulls.
The 18-month-old collie, named Iggy, plunged over the edge at Beachy Head, East Sussex, as his horrified owners Claire Morris and her husband looked on.
Claire, from Haslemere, Surrey, said Iggy hovered over the edge and then disappeared.
"We got on our bellies and began peering over the cliff edge, slowly shuffling along fully expecting to see a body below," Claire was quoted as saying by `the Daily Express`.
"Then we just spotted this teeny tiny little spot walking around. I have no idea how he survived.
"It was high tide and he must have landed in the water in just the right place and at the right angle," Claire said.
Claire made an emergency call and the pooch was picked up by a UK charity`s lifeboat crew and reunited with its owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...