UK Muslim lads drew burqas on scantily-clad gals
London: Two Muslim teenagers in Britain have been convicted for admitting to drawing burqas on advertisements of scantily-clad models.
Mohammed Hasnath and Muhammed Tahir, both 18, used black paint to draw the traditional headdress over a model in a poster for Lynx deodorant.
They said it was a ‘sin’ for the woman to remain uncovered and they were ‘just trying to do good’.
They also painted over faces in several other advertisements, including one for the Nicolas Cage film Drive Angry.
Both of them have been convicted of criminal damage.
Thames Magistrates’ Court in Bow, East London, was told the pair were caught red-handed after members of the public called in the police, the Daily Mail reports.
When police arrived the teenagers gave ‘full and frank admissions’.
“They told them that the way the women had been photographed was against their religion and they said it was a sin in Islam for a male to look twice at a woman who is not covered,” said prosecutor Taiwo Akinrowo.
“Both have admitted painting over them. At first, they did not think it was a bad thing to do but they accept that it was not legal because it was not their property,” he added.
The youths admitted six counts of criminal damage, the paper said.
The case came only days after Islamic extremists launched a poster campaign proclaiming ‘Sharia law enforcement zones’ across Britain.
The messages on the poster orders that there should be ‘no gambling’, ‘no music or concerts’, ‘no porn or prostitution’, ‘no drugs or smoking’ and ‘no alcohol’ in these zones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’