UK PM Cameron pays tribute to dead father
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to his father, who suffered a stroke and died on a vacation in France.
Ian Cameron, 77, died on Wednesday in Toulon, southern France, shortly after the British leader and other family members arrived at his bedside.
Cameron and his family said in a statement on Thursday they would "treasure all the joy he brought us”.
Cameron also thanked French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who provided a helicopter to transport family members to the hospital.
Sarkozy also offered the Cameron family use of his French Riviera retreat Fort de Bregancon overnight.
Cameron`s office says he will return to London on Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane