UK PM Cameron pays tribute to dead father
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to his father, who suffered a stroke and died on a vacation in France.
Ian Cameron, 77, died on Wednesday in Toulon, southern France, shortly after the British leader and other family members arrived at his bedside.
Cameron and his family said in a statement on Thursday they would "treasure all the joy he brought us”.
Cameron also thanked French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who provided a helicopter to transport family members to the hospital.
Sarkozy also offered the Cameron family use of his French Riviera retreat Fort de Bregancon overnight.
Cameron`s office says he will return to London on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon