UK PM Cameron pays tribute to dead father
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to his father, who suffered a stroke and died on a vacation in France.
Ian Cameron, 77, died on Wednesday in Toulon, southern France, shortly after the British leader and other family members arrived at his bedside.
Cameron and his family said in a statement on Thursday they would "treasure all the joy he brought us”.
Cameron also thanked French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who provided a helicopter to transport family members to the hospital.
Sarkozy also offered the Cameron family use of his French Riviera retreat Fort de Bregancon overnight.
Cameron`s office says he will return to London on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Mayawati accuses BJP of preventing Dayashankar Singh's arrest
- Men with suspected ISIS links brought to Kochi for probe
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'