UK PM Cameron pays tribute to dead father
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has paid tribute to his father, who suffered a stroke and died on a vacation in France.
Ian Cameron, 77, died on Wednesday in Toulon, southern France, shortly after the British leader and other family members arrived at his bedside.
Cameron and his family said in a statement on Thursday they would "treasure all the joy he brought us”.
Cameron also thanked French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who provided a helicopter to transport family members to the hospital.
Sarkozy also offered the Cameron family use of his French Riviera retreat Fort de Bregancon overnight.
Cameron`s office says he will return to London on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations