UK police arrest four people over Syria terrorism charge
London: UK police have arrested two more people, including a woman, as part of a widening probe into suspected terrorism in Syria involving Britons.
A man, 27, and a woman, 26, were arrested at an address in Essex yesterday.
This followed the arrest of two men, aged 29 and 22, in Dover, Kent, on arrival from France on Monday. A quantity of ammunition was also seized.
Police searches of properties in east London and Lancashire are taking place, the BBC reported.
All four people are being held on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, the report said.
They are all currently in custody in London.
Following Monday`s arrests, there were police searches of an east London property and two vehicles.
The Essex property where Wednesday`s arrests were made was also later searched.
The government had earlier expressed concerns about British nationals going to strife-torn Syria to join rebels fighting the Bashar al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan