UK police arrest four people over Syria terrorism charge
London: UK police have arrested two more people, including a woman, as part of a widening probe into suspected terrorism in Syria involving Britons.
A man, 27, and a woman, 26, were arrested at an address in Essex yesterday.
This followed the arrest of two men, aged 29 and 22, in Dover, Kent, on arrival from France on Monday. A quantity of ammunition was also seized.
Police searches of properties in east London and Lancashire are taking place, the BBC reported.
All four people are being held on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, the report said.
They are all currently in custody in London.
Following Monday`s arrests, there were police searches of an east London property and two vehicles.
The Essex property where Wednesday`s arrests were made was also later searched.
The government had earlier expressed concerns about British nationals going to strife-torn Syria to join rebels fighting the Bashar al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?