UN Chief working for peaceful solution in Syria
Brijuni: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has said he is working with UN-Arab League joint special envoy Kofi Annan to push for a peaceful solution in Syria while also being in contact with regional and international leaders.
After meeting Croatian President Ivo Josipovic here in Brijuni, the UN chief Saturday expressed his concerns about the Syrian situation at a joint news conference, Xinhua reported.
The UN chief is sending Herve Ladsous, undersecretary general for peacekeeping operations, to Syria for assessing the prevailing situation.
He described the UN Security Council`s decision to extend an observers` mission in Syria by 30 days a "constructive sign".
"Now the council must redouble its efforts to forge the united way forward and exercise collective responsibility under the charter of the United Nations," said the UN chief and urged all parties in Syria to "stop armed violence without any conditions".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III