US could reduce Army by further 15%: Chuck Hagel
Washington: The US Army could be reduced by a further 15 percent, with cuts to the numbers of full-time active soldiers as well as reserves, Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel said on Thursday.
He said a review found that priority missions could be handled with between 420,000 and 450,000 active troops -- compared to the current 490,000 envisaged after cuts -- and between 490,000 and 530,000 reserves, rather than 555,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port