US embassy tells Americans to weigh leaving Egypt
Cairo: The US embassy is telling Americans in Egypt to consider leaving the country as soon as possible.
The Sunday morning travel warning says the embassy will update Americans about departure assistance as soon as possible. It says US citizens should avoid travel to Egypt because of unrest, violence, and ongoing demonstrations against President Hosni Mubarak`s government.
The warning is an escalation in the assessment of the situation by the US government, which previously had advised against non-essential travel to Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'