US embassy tells Americans to weigh leaving Egypt
Cairo: The US embassy is telling Americans in Egypt to consider leaving the country as soon as possible.
The Sunday morning travel warning says the embassy will update Americans about departure assistance as soon as possible. It says US citizens should avoid travel to Egypt because of unrest, violence, and ongoing demonstrations against President Hosni Mubarak`s government.
The warning is an escalation in the assessment of the situation by the US government, which previously had advised against non-essential travel to Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'