US pilot missing in small plane crash in China
Beijing: A US pilot went missing and his Chinese translator was killed when a small aerobatic aircraft on a test flight crashed into a lake in northeast China.
The accident occurred when the Lancair aircraft with pilot David Riggs and his Chinese translator aboard crashed into a lake in Faku county in Liaoning province`s capital city of Shenyang during a trial flight.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport before the trial flight, the city`s publicity department announced.
The aircraft belongs to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The translator was pulled from the water but died later at a local hospital. Rescuers are still searching the pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!