US revoked my visa, says Honduras` interim president
Tegucigalpa: Honduras` interim president says the United States has taken away his diplomatic and tourist visas to protest the June 28 coup.
Roberto Micheletti says he was expecting the action and called it "a sign of the pressure that the US government is exerting on our country."
Micheletti told Radio HRN on Saturday that he is "at peace ... and without the least bit of resentment or anger at the United States because it is a right that country has for being big and powerful. ... and we`d like to visit the US."
The interim leader said the only thing that bothered him about the notification he received from the US Consulate was that it addressed him as the president of Congress, his position prior to president Manuel Zelaya`s ouster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah