US revoked my visa, says Honduras` interim president
Tegucigalpa: Honduras` interim president says the United States has taken away his diplomatic and tourist visas to protest the June 28 coup.
Roberto Micheletti says he was expecting the action and called it "a sign of the pressure that the US government is exerting on our country."
Micheletti told Radio HRN on Saturday that he is "at peace ... and without the least bit of resentment or anger at the United States because it is a right that country has for being big and powerful. ... and we`d like to visit the US."
The interim leader said the only thing that bothered him about the notification he received from the US Consulate was that it addressed him as the president of Congress, his position prior to president Manuel Zelaya`s ouster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh