US shooting: Chinese Prez sends condolences to Obama
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao Saturday sent a message of condolences to US President Barack Obama following the shooting incident at an elementary school in Newtown in the US` Connecticut state.
Hu expressed profound sympathy with and faithful solicitude to the US government and its people over the school shooting tragedy, and offered condolences to the victims, reported Xinhua.
Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi also offered condolences to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over the shooting.
A gunman Friday slaughtered 28 people, including 20 children, at an elementary school in Newtown. The shooting is the second most deadly in US history, only after the Virginia Tech Massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players