US shooting: Chinese Prez sends condolences to Obama
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao Saturday sent a message of condolences to US President Barack Obama following the shooting incident at an elementary school in Newtown in the US` Connecticut state.
Hu expressed profound sympathy with and faithful solicitude to the US government and its people over the school shooting tragedy, and offered condolences to the victims, reported Xinhua.
Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi also offered condolences to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over the shooting.
A gunman Friday slaughtered 28 people, including 20 children, at an elementary school in Newtown. The shooting is the second most deadly in US history, only after the Virginia Tech Massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump