US urges restraint by nuclear capable nations
Washington: The US has once again asked all nuclear capable countries to exercise restraint, after India and Pakistan test fired their respective ballistic missiles within a week.
State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, in response to a question on the latest missile test by Pakistan, days after its neighbour India had a successful test launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile Agni-V, said:
"(We give) the same message that we gave at the time of the Indian test: that we urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear and missile capabilities," she said.
"We understand that this was a planned launch. The Pakistanis have said it wasn`t a direct response to the Indian test," Nuland said.
"But what`s most important is that they do seem to have taken steps to inform the Indians, and we, as you know, are quite intent on those two countries continuing to work together and improve their dialogue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week