US will certainly respond to Syria: Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli President Shimon Peres said Monday that he is "certain" the US will respond to Syria`s alleged chemical weapon attack.
"I`m sure the (US) president will not tolerate the gas attack and the murder of women and children," Xinhua quoted Peres as telling Army Radio in an interview.
"This is a global issue. The current situation will not remain as it is. I have no doubt about President Obama`s moral and operative stand. I suggest we`ll be patient. I`m sure the US would respond," he said.
Peres also rejected criticism of Obama`s "hesitation", saying that "weighing how to proceed is not the same as stuttering".
The Israeli president also said he "trusts" Obama on "everything that affects Israel".
On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated his stance that Israel would know how to defend itself if it was required to do so, yet urged Israelis to keep on their daily routines.
On Sunday, the Israeli military was put on high alert amid a possible US strike against Syria which may result in Syria firing at Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened