US will certainly respond to Syria: Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli President Shimon Peres said Monday that he is "certain" the US will respond to Syria`s alleged chemical weapon attack.
"I`m sure the (US) president will not tolerate the gas attack and the murder of women and children," Xinhua quoted Peres as telling Army Radio in an interview.
"This is a global issue. The current situation will not remain as it is. I have no doubt about President Obama`s moral and operative stand. I suggest we`ll be patient. I`m sure the US would respond," he said.
Peres also rejected criticism of Obama`s "hesitation", saying that "weighing how to proceed is not the same as stuttering".
The Israeli president also said he "trusts" Obama on "everything that affects Israel".
On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated his stance that Israel would know how to defend itself if it was required to do so, yet urged Israelis to keep on their daily routines.
On Sunday, the Israeli military was put on high alert amid a possible US strike against Syria which may result in Syria firing at Israel.
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court