US will certainly respond to Syria: Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli President Shimon Peres said Monday that he is "certain" the US will respond to Syria`s alleged chemical weapon attack.
"I`m sure the (US) president will not tolerate the gas attack and the murder of women and children," Xinhua quoted Peres as telling Army Radio in an interview.
"This is a global issue. The current situation will not remain as it is. I have no doubt about President Obama`s moral and operative stand. I suggest we`ll be patient. I`m sure the US would respond," he said.
Peres also rejected criticism of Obama`s "hesitation", saying that "weighing how to proceed is not the same as stuttering".
The Israeli president also said he "trusts" Obama on "everything that affects Israel".
On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated his stance that Israel would know how to defend itself if it was required to do so, yet urged Israelis to keep on their daily routines.
On Sunday, the Israeli military was put on high alert amid a possible US strike against Syria which may result in Syria firing at Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman