US will certainly respond to Syria: Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli President Shimon Peres said Monday that he is "certain" the US will respond to Syria`s alleged chemical weapon attack.
"I`m sure the (US) president will not tolerate the gas attack and the murder of women and children," Xinhua quoted Peres as telling Army Radio in an interview.
"This is a global issue. The current situation will not remain as it is. I have no doubt about President Obama`s moral and operative stand. I suggest we`ll be patient. I`m sure the US would respond," he said.
Peres also rejected criticism of Obama`s "hesitation", saying that "weighing how to proceed is not the same as stuttering".
The Israeli president also said he "trusts" Obama on "everything that affects Israel".
On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated his stance that Israel would know how to defend itself if it was required to do so, yet urged Israelis to keep on their daily routines.
On Sunday, the Israeli military was put on high alert amid a possible US strike against Syria which may result in Syria firing at Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill