Vandals desecrate Jerusalem church: Israeli police
Jerusalem: Israeli police say vandals have sprayed anti-Christian graffiti at a Baptist church in Jerusalem.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Monday that the vandals desecrated the church and slashed tires of three cars nearby.
Rosenfeld says that words "price tag" were also scrawled on the church property. It`s a reference to a practice of Jewish extremists who lash out against the Israeli government for actions against settlers.
Such attacks usually target West Bank mosques but have recently spread to a mosque in Israel, an Israeli military base, dovish activists and Christian sites.
Earlier in February, vandals attacked a Greek Orthodox monastery and a school for Jewish and Arab students in Jerusalem.
Rosenfeld says the police are searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley
- AAP leaders defend Bhagwant Mann, say similar videos available on Lok Sabha website