Vandals desecrate Jerusalem church: Israeli police
Jerusalem: Israeli police say vandals have sprayed anti-Christian graffiti at a Baptist church in Jerusalem.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Monday that the vandals desecrated the church and slashed tires of three cars nearby.
Rosenfeld says that words "price tag" were also scrawled on the church property. It`s a reference to a practice of Jewish extremists who lash out against the Israeli government for actions against settlers.
Such attacks usually target West Bank mosques but have recently spread to a mosque in Israel, an Israeli military base, dovish activists and Christian sites.
Earlier in February, vandals attacked a Greek Orthodox monastery and a school for Jewish and Arab students in Jerusalem.
Rosenfeld says the police are searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach