Vehicles fall into river in China: Four killed, seven missing
Beijing: At least four people were killed and seven others went missing after a bus and a car fell into a river in southwest China.
The bus and car fell into a river in Yunlong County, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture at around 10 p.M. Yesterday after a bridge collapsed due to flash floods and mud flow, according to the prefectural authorities.
The bus, which belonged to a transport company, had 35 people aboard when it left the bus station in Fugong County. It was bound for Kunming, the provincial capital. The car had three persons aboard. Its driver has been rescued.
Five from the bus and two from the car remain missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Rescuers have retrieved four bodies from the scene so far.
Twenty-six others, who were passengers from the bus, were rescued and sent to a local hospital.
The rescue operation is underway.
Authorities are still checking the exact number of people on the two vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested