Vehicles fall into river in China: Four killed, seven missing
Beijing: At least four people were killed and seven others went missing after a bus and a car fell into a river in southwest China.
The bus and car fell into a river in Yunlong County, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture at around 10 p.M. Yesterday after a bridge collapsed due to flash floods and mud flow, according to the prefectural authorities.
The bus, which belonged to a transport company, had 35 people aboard when it left the bus station in Fugong County. It was bound for Kunming, the provincial capital. The car had three persons aboard. Its driver has been rescued.
Five from the bus and two from the car remain missing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Rescuers have retrieved four bodies from the scene so far.
Twenty-six others, who were passengers from the bus, were rescued and sent to a local hospital.
The rescue operation is underway.
Authorities are still checking the exact number of people on the two vehicles.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report