Venezuelan leader returning to Cuba for treatment
Caracas: President Hugo Chavez says he`s returning to Cuba for another round of cancer treatment.
Chavez said on Saturday during a televised speech to his supporters that he was travelling to Havana in the afternoon for a second round of radiation after recent surgery to extract a second cancerous tumour in his pelvic area. Chavez had another tumour removed from the same general area in June.
The 57-year-old leftist President, in office since 1999, has vowed to overcome cancer to win another six-year term in the October 07 election.
Chavez has not identified the type of cancer, nor the precise location where the tumours were located.
He is a close friend of Cuba`s revolutionary leader Fidel Castro and his brother President Raul Castro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured