Venezuelan leader returning to Cuba for treatment
Caracas: President Hugo Chavez says he`s returning to Cuba for another round of cancer treatment.
Chavez said on Saturday during a televised speech to his supporters that he was travelling to Havana in the afternoon for a second round of radiation after recent surgery to extract a second cancerous tumour in his pelvic area. Chavez had another tumour removed from the same general area in June.
The 57-year-old leftist President, in office since 1999, has vowed to overcome cancer to win another six-year term in the October 07 election.
Chavez has not identified the type of cancer, nor the precise location where the tumours were located.
He is a close friend of Cuba`s revolutionary leader Fidel Castro and his brother President Raul Castro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city