Vietnam flood toll hits 21
Hanoi: At least 21 people have been killed as flash floods and landslides ravaged mountainous areas in northern Vietnam, disaster officials said on Friday.
About 37 houses have been destroyed along with more than 1,700 hectares of crops, the flood and storm control department said.
In the northwestern province of Lao Cai, nine people -- including a three-year-old boy -- died when flash floods sent rocks and soil crashing into a rural village, official media reported.
Authorities are searching for two other people still missing after the incident in the Sapa region, which is popular with tourists, although no foreigners are believed to have been affected.
More than 260 deaths from floods were reported in Vietnam last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India