Vietnam flood toll hits 21
Hanoi: At least 21 people have been killed as flash floods and landslides ravaged mountainous areas in northern Vietnam, disaster officials said on Friday.
About 37 houses have been destroyed along with more than 1,700 hectares of crops, the flood and storm control department said.
In the northwestern province of Lao Cai, nine people -- including a three-year-old boy -- died when flash floods sent rocks and soil crashing into a rural village, official media reported.
Authorities are searching for two other people still missing after the incident in the Sapa region, which is popular with tourists, although no foreigners are believed to have been affected.
More than 260 deaths from floods were reported in Vietnam last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'