Vietnam flood toll hits 21
Hanoi: At least 21 people have been killed as flash floods and landslides ravaged mountainous areas in northern Vietnam, disaster officials said on Friday.
About 37 houses have been destroyed along with more than 1,700 hectares of crops, the flood and storm control department said.
In the northwestern province of Lao Cai, nine people -- including a three-year-old boy -- died when flash floods sent rocks and soil crashing into a rural village, official media reported.
Authorities are searching for two other people still missing after the incident in the Sapa region, which is popular with tourists, although no foreigners are believed to have been affected.
More than 260 deaths from floods were reported in Vietnam last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH