Vladimir Putin dives deep in the Baltic Sea to explore sunken ship
London: Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is known for his penchant for adventurous stunts, dived to the bottom of the Baltic Sea aboard a submersible to explore the wreck of a ship that sank in 1869, for his latest adventurous stunt.
The 60-year-old president apparently wants to present an action-man image in his third term at the Kremlin.
Putin was snapped riding a small submersible craft 200ft (60 metres) down the Gulf of Finland to see the remains of the naval frigate Oleg, Sky News reported.
Putin donned a black jacket and blue jeans, while he sat contentedly in the red capsule`s glassed front as he submerged.
After around half an hour, a smiling Putin reappeared and admired the work of the Russian Geographic Society , which have been studying the sunken vessel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka