White House slams Republican plan for immigrants
Washington: A White House senior adviser is accusing the House Republicans of "cruel hypocrisy" for contemplating legal status for unauthorized immigrants brought to the US as children without also legalizing their parents.
Dan Pfeiffer says over Twitter that the plan boils down to allowing some kids to stay while deporting their parents.
Pfeiffer`s comment on Tuesday comes as the House Judiciary Committee prepares to convene a hearing on what to do about immigrants brought illegally to the US as children.
House Republican leaders have endorsed a path to citizenship for some of these immigrants.
But Democrats and immigration advocates say that`s not enough. They are holding out for comprehensive legislation offering citizenship to all 11 million immigrants here illegally, like the Senate has passed. Many House Republicans oppose that approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report