White House slams Republican plan for immigrants
Washington: A White House senior adviser is accusing the House Republicans of "cruel hypocrisy" for contemplating legal status for unauthorized immigrants brought to the US as children without also legalizing their parents.
Dan Pfeiffer says over Twitter that the plan boils down to allowing some kids to stay while deporting their parents.
Pfeiffer`s comment on Tuesday comes as the House Judiciary Committee prepares to convene a hearing on what to do about immigrants brought illegally to the US as children.
House Republican leaders have endorsed a path to citizenship for some of these immigrants.
But Democrats and immigration advocates say that`s not enough. They are holding out for comprehensive legislation offering citizenship to all 11 million immigrants here illegally, like the Senate has passed. Many House Republicans oppose that approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley