White House slams Republican plan for immigrants
Washington: A White House senior adviser is accusing the House Republicans of "cruel hypocrisy" for contemplating legal status for unauthorized immigrants brought to the US as children without also legalizing their parents.
Dan Pfeiffer says over Twitter that the plan boils down to allowing some kids to stay while deporting their parents.
Pfeiffer`s comment on Tuesday comes as the House Judiciary Committee prepares to convene a hearing on what to do about immigrants brought illegally to the US as children.
House Republican leaders have endorsed a path to citizenship for some of these immigrants.
But Democrats and immigration advocates say that`s not enough. They are holding out for comprehensive legislation offering citizenship to all 11 million immigrants here illegally, like the Senate has passed. Many House Republicans oppose that approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi