Whole world praying for Mandela, says Ban Ki-moon
United Nations: UN leader Ban Ki-moon has said that the whole world is praying for Nelson Mandela as the legendary South African leader fights for his life.
Ban called Mandela "one of the giants of the 20th century" at a New York reception for the 50th anniversary of the Organization of African Unity which played a leading international role in fighting apartheid in South Africa.
"I know our thoughts and prayers are with Nelson Mandela, his family and loved ones, all South Africans and people across the world who have been inspired by his remarkable life and example," Ban said on Wednesday.
"Let us all show similar conviction and sense of purpose today in working to improve well-being and opportunity for all Africans," the UN Secretary General added.
Mandela, 94, is on life support in hospital in Pretoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!