Why Jackie Onassis `was fine with John F Kennedy`s infidelity`
Washington: A presidential historian has alleged that Jackie Onassis` acceptance of her husband and former President of US John F Kennedy `s infidelity could be rooted in her relationship with her own father, whom she trusted very much.
The man in question, Doug Wead, has revealed that Jackie was closest to her dad and loved him, CBS News reported.
He asserted that Jackie`s dad loved her too, and yet had many infidelities in his life.
Wead explained that maybe Jackie could come, in some curious way, to accept the fact that her husband could love her and still be unfaithful to her.
Wead also insisted that he agrees with the claims made by Christopher Andersen in his new book, titled `These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie`, that Marilyn Monroe had called Jackie to tell her that JFK had promised to marry her.
According to Andersen`s book, Jackie was unfazed by Monroe`s call and even told her that if she married Kennedy and moved into the White House, she would be saddled with all of Jackie`s problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?