William, Kate `to limit invites to royal wedding`
London: Prince William and his fiancee
Kate Middleton would limit invites to their royal wedding to
family members, friends and people playing a direct part in
their public and private lives, a media report said.
The couple are to snub celebrities hoping for invites
to their wedding and the guest list of 5,000 will not include
stars like Sir Paul McCartney and Dame Helen Mirren, `The Sun`
However, the few famous faces at London`s Westminster
Abbey on April 29 are likely to include Elton John and David
Beckham, both friends of the second-in-line to British throne.
William, 28, and Kate, 29, got engaged last October
are to tie the knot on April 29.
A Royal source was quoted as saying, "William and Kate
have agonised over who to invite. They have drawn up a list of
roughly 2000 people they feel should be there. There`s no room
for the great and good you might see at society weddings."
A further list of 3,000 is being drawn up by the Lord
Chamberlain`s Office, mainly for politicians, public figures
and foreign dignitaries, the report said.
But an invitation does not guarantee entry to either
of the two receptions after the ceremony, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you