William, Kate `to limit invites to royal wedding`
London: Prince William and his fiancee
Kate Middleton would limit invites to their royal wedding to
family members, friends and people playing a direct part in
their public and private lives, a media report said.
The couple are to snub celebrities hoping for invites
to their wedding and the guest list of 5,000 will not include
stars like Sir Paul McCartney and Dame Helen Mirren, `The Sun`
However, the few famous faces at London`s Westminster
Abbey on April 29 are likely to include Elton John and David
Beckham, both friends of the second-in-line to British throne.
William, 28, and Kate, 29, got engaged last October
are to tie the knot on April 29.
A Royal source was quoted as saying, "William and Kate
have agonised over who to invite. They have drawn up a list of
roughly 2000 people they feel should be there. There`s no room
for the great and good you might see at society weddings."
A further list of 3,000 is being drawn up by the Lord
Chamberlain`s Office, mainly for politicians, public figures
and foreign dignitaries, the report said.
But an invitation does not guarantee entry to either
of the two receptions after the ceremony, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city