Woman beats rapist driver into submission
London: An off-duty US Navy sailor wrestled a Pakistani-origin bus driver in Dubai to the ground and beat him into submission as he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard.
The 28-year-old knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him on the ground and locked him between her thighs, the Daily Mail reported Thursday citing prosecutors.
She was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day`s shopping.
The woman had been attempting to hail a taxi after visiting shopping centre, Mall of the Emirates and a supermarket when a bus pulled up next to her.
Once inside the bus, she turned suspicious of the drivers route. She said: "I noticed he did not take the main road and when I asked him he told me not to worry."
He then drove for a further 10 minutes before stopping in an area where other buses were parked and attempting to kiss her.
When she refused him he pulled out a knife and threatened to rape her. But she was able to subdue him. The incident occurred this year Jan 19.
She left the bus and later reported the incident to her commander at Port Khalid.
The driver, named as K S, from Pakistan, was arrested the next day at his home. He has been charged with attempted rape, threatening to kill, assault and consuming alcohol illegally.
The case has been adjourned to May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?