Wreckage of WW2 battleship located of Italy coast
Rome: The Italian navy says the wreckage of the World War II battleship Roma, sunk by German planes 69 years ago with the loss of 1,352 lives, has been located north of Sardinia.
The navy says the wreckage was located today some 1,000 metres under the sea by a company using a deep-sea diving robot.
The battleship was sunk by a German aircraft on September 9, 1943, a day after Italy signed an armistice with the Allies. It was headed to Malta when spotted by the Germans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed