Xi Jinping abandons extravagance
Beijing: Visitors to a park in Shenzhen city bumped into Xi Jinping during his first visit outside Beijing after being anointed China`s next leader and no roads were sealed-off for him, said a media report that noted it gave "hope for real change".
The low-profile trip to Shenzhen, recorded online by residents who happened to spot the entourage, gave people hope for real change from the ruling party, which has promised to abandon extravagance and bureaucracy, reported Global Times.
More than 200 local residents visiting Lotus Hill Park in Shenzhen Friday had a surprise encounter with Xi and his entourage during his short visit. They said they were not aware of Xi`s arrival and were impressed by his approachable style.
Shenzhen police said no roads were sealed off when Xi`s motorcade passed through the city roads Saturday.
"Private cars were also there in the traffic. I followed the entourage for a little while, and did not see any police officers restricting traffic at crossroads," Lu Yaming, a Shenzhen resident who witnessed Xi`s visit, told the Global Times.
The Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) passed eight guidelines at a meeting Dec 4, rejecting extravagance and reducing red tape.
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016