Xi Jinping abandons extravagance
Beijing: Visitors to a park in Shenzhen city bumped into Xi Jinping during his first visit outside Beijing after being anointed China`s next leader and no roads were sealed-off for him, said a media report that noted it gave "hope for real change".
The low-profile trip to Shenzhen, recorded online by residents who happened to spot the entourage, gave people hope for real change from the ruling party, which has promised to abandon extravagance and bureaucracy, reported Global Times.
More than 200 local residents visiting Lotus Hill Park in Shenzhen Friday had a surprise encounter with Xi and his entourage during his short visit. They said they were not aware of Xi`s arrival and were impressed by his approachable style.
Shenzhen police said no roads were sealed off when Xi`s motorcade passed through the city roads Saturday.
"Private cars were also there in the traffic. I followed the entourage for a little while, and did not see any police officers restricting traffic at crossroads," Lu Yaming, a Shenzhen resident who witnessed Xi`s visit, told the Global Times.
The Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) passed eight guidelines at a meeting Dec 4, rejecting extravagance and reducing red tape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis