Yemen: 26 militants, 10 soldiers killed in clash
Sana’a: Military officials say 26 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers, including a colonel, have been killed in fierce fighting in southern Yemen.
The officials said on Monday that 38 militants and 30 soldiers also were injured when al Qaeda-linked militants intercepted advancing Army troops in Dufas, west of Zinjibar, capital of Abyan province.
They say the fighting took place over the past 24 hours.
Yemen`s militants have taken advantage of the country`s political turmoil to seize several towns in the nearly lawless south. Weeks of ground fighting and airstrikes could not dislodge them.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP