Yemen: 26 militants, 10 soldiers killed in clash
Sana’a: Military officials say 26 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers, including a colonel, have been killed in fierce fighting in southern Yemen.
The officials said on Monday that 38 militants and 30 soldiers also were injured when al Qaeda-linked militants intercepted advancing Army troops in Dufas, west of Zinjibar, capital of Abyan province.
They say the fighting took place over the past 24 hours.
Yemen`s militants have taken advantage of the country`s political turmoil to seize several towns in the nearly lawless south. Weeks of ground fighting and airstrikes could not dislodge them.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick