Yemen: 26 militants, 10 soldiers killed in clash
Sana’a: Military officials say 26 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers, including a colonel, have been killed in fierce fighting in southern Yemen.
The officials said on Monday that 38 militants and 30 soldiers also were injured when al Qaeda-linked militants intercepted advancing Army troops in Dufas, west of Zinjibar, capital of Abyan province.
They say the fighting took place over the past 24 hours.
Yemen`s militants have taken advantage of the country`s political turmoil to seize several towns in the nearly lawless south. Weeks of ground fighting and airstrikes could not dislodge them.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof