Sana: Fourteen people allegedly
involved in the gunning down of 52 anti-regime protesters in
Sanaa last month have been referred to Yemen`s state
prosecutor, the interior ministry said on Sunday.
"The interior ministry has handed 14 people accused
to the public prosecution over the tragic incidents" of March
18 near Sanaa University when "several protesters were
martyred or wounded," a ministry spokesman said.
"Thirty other suspects will be questioned in
connection with the same case," he said, quoted by state news
Fifty-two people were shot dead in what rights
groups have called "an apparently coordinated (rooftop) sniper
attack on a protest camp in Sanaa."
More than an estimated 125 people have been killed
since protests calling for President Ali Abdullah Saleh`s
ouster erupted in late January, inspired by uprisings which
toppled long-time rulers in Tunisia and Egypt.