British-era cannon balls recovered in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: As many as 75 cannon balls belonging to the eighteenth century were recovered from an open plot near Sulthanshahi playground here, police said.
After getting the information, the sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force, (South Zone team) recovered 75 antique cannon balls/ammunition belonging to the 18th century (during Nizam/British regime), which were found during the digging works on the plot for construction of a house, they said.
The land belongs to one Mohammad Bin Abdullah, police added.
The cannon balls will be handed over to the Director of Archeological Survey of India at Koti here for further action, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Commissioner`s Task Force) B Limba Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack