British-era cannon balls recovered in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: As many as 75 cannon balls belonging to the eighteenth century were recovered from an open plot near Sulthanshahi playground here, police said.
After getting the information, the sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force, (South Zone team) recovered 75 antique cannon balls/ammunition belonging to the 18th century (during Nizam/British regime), which were found during the digging works on the plot for construction of a house, they said.
The land belongs to one Mohammad Bin Abdullah, police added.
The cannon balls will be handed over to the Director of Archeological Survey of India at Koti here for further action, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Commissioner`s Task Force) B Limba Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding