OMC case: Court defers framing of charges
Hyderabad: The special CBI court here on Thursday deferred the hearing on framing of charges in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) illegal mining case, on a plea by the mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and two other accused.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy and another accused, Mehfuz Ali Khan, had filed separate petitions two days ago, requesting the court that charges should not be framed until CBI probe was complete.
While Janardhan Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan are in Bangalore jail in connection with another mining-related case, Srinivas Reddy is in judicial custody at Chanchalguda jail here.
They had said that CBI itself had told the court that investigation was complete only in respect of the illegal mining and not other aspects.
The CBI has so far filed three chargesheets against Gali Janardhan Reddy and six other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi 'blocking path to Allah'
- WATCH: Mother of all sixes — Ben Cutting cuts loose in IPL final