OMC case: Court defers framing of charges
Hyderabad: The special CBI court here on Thursday deferred the hearing on framing of charges in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) illegal mining case, on a plea by the mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and two other accused.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy and another accused, Mehfuz Ali Khan, had filed separate petitions two days ago, requesting the court that charges should not be framed until CBI probe was complete.
While Janardhan Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan are in Bangalore jail in connection with another mining-related case, Srinivas Reddy is in judicial custody at Chanchalguda jail here.
They had said that CBI itself had told the court that investigation was complete only in respect of the illegal mining and not other aspects.
The CBI has so far filed three chargesheets against Gali Janardhan Reddy and six other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends