OMC case: Court defers framing of charges
Hyderabad: The special CBI court here on Thursday deferred the hearing on framing of charges in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) illegal mining case, on a plea by the mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and two other accused.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy and another accused, Mehfuz Ali Khan, had filed separate petitions two days ago, requesting the court that charges should not be framed until CBI probe was complete.
While Janardhan Reddy and Mehfuz Ali Khan are in Bangalore jail in connection with another mining-related case, Srinivas Reddy is in judicial custody at Chanchalguda jail here.
They had said that CBI itself had told the court that investigation was complete only in respect of the illegal mining and not other aspects.
The CBI has so far filed three chargesheets against Gali Janardhan Reddy and six other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement