Five dead after being struck by lightning in Bihar
Samastipur: Five persons died due to lightning in Bisenpur Beri village of Bihar`s Samastipur district on Thursday, an official said.
The five villagers were struck dead by lightning when they were on their way to a neighbouring village for a shradh ceremony, Block Development Officer Shivnand Singh said.
The deceased were identified as Ravi Thakur, Makhan Rai, Bindeshwar Rai, Suresh Singh and Sriram Singh, the BDO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand