JD(U) leader urges Nitish to cancel Modi`s rally in Patna
Patna: A JD(U) leader has urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to cancel BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s proposed rally here on October 27, saying that it will be a "dangerous challenge for the peaceful environment of the state".
"I also request you not to hesitate in arresting Modi if he dares to hold this rally in anyway," the JD(U) youth wing national general secretary Pradeep Yadav said in a letter to the Chief Minister.
Saying that the `Hunkar` rally may pose a serious challenge to the peaceful environment in Bihar, Yadav charged BJP with being "hell bent" on destroying harmony and creating communal tension in the state ever since JD(U) parted ways with NDA.
"The Hunkar rally may pose the most dangerous challenge for Bihar by endangering the prevailing peaceful environment in the state," Yadav said, appealing for an immediate cancellation of the rally.
Copies of the letter were sent to JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav and state unit chief Bashistha Narayan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note