Judge summons Bihar Energy minister
Muzaffarpur: A Lok Adalat judge Shailendra
Pandey on Tuesday summoned Bihar Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad
Yadav, Bihar State Electricity Board chairman, its General
Manager Gyasuddin and Executive Engineer (Supply),
Muzaffarpur, to appear before him on April 14 to explain their
position about the power crisis facing the people.
Pandey issued the summons after hearing the complainant
and advocate Sudhir Ojha.
In his complaint, Ojha alleged that people of Bihar,
particularly in Tirhut range, were facing acute power
shortage and drinking water problem during the past three to
four days despite payment of electricity bills.
The judge asked Yadav and others to appear in person
before him to explain the position and action taken by the
authorities for restoration of power and water supply causing
immense hardships to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena