Lalu Prasad Yadav meets Kerala governor Nikhil Kumar
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Tuesday visited Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar`s home here setting off speculation of his contesting the Lok Sabha election from the Aurangabad seat in Bihar, which he had won in 2004.
RJD and Congress sources confirmed the visit of Prasad to seek the blessings of Kumar`s mother Kishori Sinha and to meet the Kerala Governor.
The talks triggered speculation if Kumar, son of veteran Congress leader and former Bihar chief minister Satyendra Narayan Singh, would quit his gubernatorial position to contest the polls.
Kumar could not be contacted as his mobile was switched off.
Kumar, who is a former Delhi police commissioner, had lost the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Aurangabad to Sushil Kumar Singh.
Singh, who had contested from JD(U) at the time was expelled by Nitish Kumar`s party amid indications that he would contest on BJP ticket.
Aurangabad with an overwhelming population of Rajputs is popularly called `Chittorgarh of Bihar`.
The alliance between Congress and RJD is yet to be formalised after RJD chief offered 11 seats to Congress and 1 to NCP and sought a final response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie