Lalu Prasad Yadav meets Kerala governor Nikhil Kumar
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Tuesday visited Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar`s home here setting off speculation of his contesting the Lok Sabha election from the Aurangabad seat in Bihar, which he had won in 2004.
RJD and Congress sources confirmed the visit of Prasad to seek the blessings of Kumar`s mother Kishori Sinha and to meet the Kerala Governor.
The talks triggered speculation if Kumar, son of veteran Congress leader and former Bihar chief minister Satyendra Narayan Singh, would quit his gubernatorial position to contest the polls.
Kumar could not be contacted as his mobile was switched off.
Kumar, who is a former Delhi police commissioner, had lost the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Aurangabad to Sushil Kumar Singh.
Singh, who had contested from JD(U) at the time was expelled by Nitish Kumar`s party amid indications that he would contest on BJP ticket.
Aurangabad with an overwhelming population of Rajputs is popularly called `Chittorgarh of Bihar`.
The alliance between Congress and RJD is yet to be formalised after RJD chief offered 11 seats to Congress and 1 to NCP and sought a final response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule