Man dies in custody, police officers suspended in Bihar
Patna: Two police officers were suspended in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday on charges of beating in police custody a man who succumbed to injuries.
Munna Singh, 40, arrested in connection with a kidnapping case, was allegedly tortured in lock up and died at the Patna Medical College and Hospital due to internal injuries, police sources said.
The officers in charge of Jamui and Giddhaur police stations have been suspended, Jamui Superintendent of Police Deepak Varnwal said.
Munna Singh`s father, Kukeshwar Singh, alleged that his son was mercilessly beaten by police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?