Man dies in custody, police officers suspended in Bihar
Patna: Two police officers were suspended in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday on charges of beating in police custody a man who succumbed to injuries.
Munna Singh, 40, arrested in connection with a kidnapping case, was allegedly tortured in lock up and died at the Patna Medical College and Hospital due to internal injuries, police sources said.
The officers in charge of Jamui and Giddhaur police stations have been suspended, Jamui Superintendent of Police Deepak Varnwal said.
Munna Singh`s father, Kukeshwar Singh, alleged that his son was mercilessly beaten by police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you