Monsoon finally arrives in Bihar
Patna: Bringing respite to the farmers and common man, the monsoon finally arrived in Bihar today bringing moderate rainfall in northern and north-eastern districts of the state, a MET department official said.
The monsoon has arrived in Bihar after a week`s delay lashing northern and north-eastern districts with moderate rainfall, the Patna MET director A.K. Sen told.
One-third of geographical areas, mostly border districts, received moderate rainfall with the onset of monsoon which should have hit Bihar on June 11 last, but got delayed by a week, he said.
Moderate to light rains will lash these border districts over the next three days, Sen said, adding that the monsoon will spread over to south-west districts from June 20 next and the entire state.
The entire state will receive good rainfall for next four days from June 20 next, the Patna MET director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!