Monsoon finally arrives in Bihar
Patna: Bringing respite to the farmers and common man, the monsoon finally arrived in Bihar today bringing moderate rainfall in northern and north-eastern districts of the state, a MET department official said.
The monsoon has arrived in Bihar after a week`s delay lashing northern and north-eastern districts with moderate rainfall, the Patna MET director A.K. Sen told.
One-third of geographical areas, mostly border districts, received moderate rainfall with the onset of monsoon which should have hit Bihar on June 11 last, but got delayed by a week, he said.
Moderate to light rains will lash these border districts over the next three days, Sen said, adding that the monsoon will spread over to south-west districts from June 20 next and the entire state.
The entire state will receive good rainfall for next four days from June 20 next, the Patna MET director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?